Free traveler. How to relax alone?
It often happens that friends don’t want to go where you want. The second half is constantly working or not at all. I don’t feel like with my parents, and I don’t have only one traveler in the family. And so it turns out that you are faced with a choice: either go alone, or join the company of unfamiliar people from work. There is another third option – to wait for the next vacation and hope that by this time there is a company.
What to do? First, sweep away the third option right away. There is no point in wasting time in the city. In any case – you need to go to rest. And away to get impressions, get to know something new, interesting and, of course, take away with you a fraction of the energy from the sea. It remains to choose between the option of a little-known company and travel alone. And here is what I will tell you from my personal experience: it is better to go alone than with anyone.
Do not risk your rare vacation and spoil your mood for several months in advance until the next vacation. If you go with people you yourself know, and even check into a room together – that’s all, there will be no options to turn around and leave. For a couple of weeks you are locked with them on a “submarine.” What to do? Drive alone. Believe me, this is a wonderful type of relaxation and an interesting experience. I do not urge my whole life to ride one at a time, but it’s worth surviving a couple of times. I went so three times. And here are useful tips from me for those who fear and doubt … Photo: Depositphotos
1. Choose a country where this is normal and without prejudice. For example, Italy, Spain, Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria.
2. Outline a short plan of action. Best when you have one goal per day. For example, to visit some interesting place, to get to some beautiful cape, mountain, park. The road itself will already be an easy adventure.
3. Be sure to grab the map and dictionary. Locals from all countries are very good at contact when you are even crooked, but speak their language. This is a manifestation of respect that bribes people in a good sense of the word.
4. If you want to meet compatriots, the best places are hotel restaurants and beaches.
5. When meeting you, it’s better to say that you have friends or relatives here that you should meet in a couple of days.
6. If you understand that new acquaintances are not suitable for you – gently refer that you are going on an excursion to another city. If you don’t understand the first time, think that you have a holiday romance or another excursion. Do not try to endure society for the sake of decency! You have a vacation, this is your time and your space! Therefore, if they begin to approach you too intrusively – clearly send such people away.
7. Going to the beach alone, try to get closer to families with children, whom you can ask to watch their belongings.
8. Well, the last tip – enjoy the journey. It is unlikely that you will be able to sit in a coffee shop for an hour, slowly drinking coffee, reading a pleasant book, and looking into the distance, enjoying the splash of waves. Feel this freedom. After all, this does not happen every day.
Believe me, you still have time to travel in companies, and with family, and with lovers, but alone with yourself is a special type of vacation. You can consider this a relaxation tour!